Sobek 2 Players
Construction is underway on a temple dedicated to Sobek. A huge market has emerged nearby, supplied by the continuous flow of feluccas and pirogues along the Nile. Your Guild of Merchants is determined to take advantage of this unbelievable opportunity, and ready to use any means to grab sumptuous goods out of the way of your opponent. Beware, though, as it will be crucial not to have accumulated too much corruption when the time of reckonings arrives.
This 2 player variant of Bruno Cathala's classic of the same name is different enough from the original to warrant owning and makes for a solid, easy to learn and very re-playable two player experience.
Like this product?
Check out more of our board games and accessories.
How to play?
- In Sobek: 2 Players, both opponents collect and sell goods to earn the most Victory Points.
- On their turn, the player chooses among 3 options: take a tile on the market, sell a set of goods or play a character.
- When the player takes a tile, they select one on the ankh pawn’s line and add it to their hand. They then place the Ankh pawn in the line that is indicated by the tile they just took, which determines the choices available to their opponent.
- If you move over goods without picking them up, you must add them to your corruption pile, which may give your opponent points at the end of the game.
- When they have enough in hand, a player can sell a set of at least 3 tiles of the same type. These tiles will earn them victory points at the end of the game, depending on both their quantity and the amount of scarabs that they feature.
- A player can also use a character to benefit from its powerful special ability.
- In Sobek: 2 Players, everything is about timing. Planning ahead and analysing which opportunities you offer to you opponent on their next move is key to playing the best moves and winning the game.
- 1 x Sobek 2 players board game
- 20 minute play time
- Age 10 +
- 2 players