More than just a yummy snack...
We think it's important for you to understand how cookies and other similar technologies are used by Happy Piranha LTD and our partners. These technologies help Happy Piranha LTD function, allow us to understand how you use our services and have a number of other purposes (beyond advertising) that you can read about in this policy.
In this policy, we'll refer to HappyPiranha.com as the 'site'. We'll refer to the site, it's apps, and our other services collectively as the "services." Happy Piranha LTD, may be referred to as 'we', 'us' or 'our' throughout this policy. We’ll refer to cookies and similar technologies collectively as 'cookie technologies' or 'technologies'.
Our web service is powered by Shopify:
Types of cookie technologies
Cookies are small data files sent from a server to your web browser. They are stored in your browser’s cache and allow a website or a third party to recognize your browser. There are three primary types of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages, so you don’t have to re-enter information every time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time, for example; after you leave the site or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the site, and allow HappyPiranha.com to recognise you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them and otherwise typically delete themselves after an expiration period.
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than Happy Piranha LTD, and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
Cookies store data about how you use our website and this information helps us to make HappyPiranha.com a better experience for you.
You do have some control to accept or reject cookies. For more information, see 'Managing Your Cookie Technology Preferences' below.
Security and authentication (strictly necessary)
Some cookie and similar technology functions are necessary and vital to ensuring that HappyPiranha.com works properly for visitors and members.
Such functions include maintaining the security, safety and integrity of the site, authentication and logging into your store account (including remembering permissions and consents you have granted), and ensuring your ability to securely complete transactions.
Account and user preferences
Some technologies are used to remember your account and preferences over time. Examples include; keeping you logged in when returning to HappyPiranha.com, maintaining your set preferences on our apps or site features and how you want HappyPiranha.com to appear in your browser.
These may be set and controlled by the social network and your preferences with them.
Performance and Analytics
Some cookie technologies provide performance data on how our services are functioning in order to help us improve them. This includes, for example, cookies from Shopify and Google Analytics.
This data may include, for example, information on site functionality and speed, how our services are used and navigated by our visitors and detecting any bugs or issues with our services.
Cookies and analytics technologies may provide us with information on:
- How many users have visited our site
- What technology they visited on (eg Mac or Windows, Tablet or Phone)
- How long visitors spend on the site and what pages they look at
- How visitors reach our site (eg from a search engine, or web link)
- If the user has visited our site before
What do we use this information for?
This data is important to us as it helps us to shape our services to fit how our customers prefer to use them. For example: If there are certain pages our customers use the most, we want to make these pages simple to navigate to. If our customers prefer to visit our site on a certain technology, we want to make sure that our site performs well it.
This information helps us to identify where our site is working best and where it could be improved, so that we can continually develop our services. The better information we have on how we can develop our services, the more money we can spend on doing so, rather than on marketing.
Sometimes, data from Google Analytics may be combined with Happy Piranha’s first-party data and third-party cookies (eg Google’s advertising cookies) in order to help shape adverts that you see when browsing online.
To see how to opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features, see the Opt-Out section at the bottom of this policy.
- You can find more information on how Google Analytics cookies work in this Google guide.
Consent, contract and legitimate interests in processing
Certain cookie technologies are employed to make our site function for its intended purpose. These cookies are provided based on a contractual necessity, based on your agreement with Happy Piranha LTD to perform the services you have requested. These include the functions strictly necessary to the service - noted above.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Managing your cookie preferences
Depending on you access our site, there are some ways in which you can control the cookies stored on your device.
opt-in, opt-out and delete cookies on your web browser
When you visit HappyPiranha.com though a web browser, you can change your browser's settings to reflect your cookie preferences, both for cookies for the sites you visit and for third-party cookies.
You can also delete any cookies stored by your web browser. Be aware that by doing so your are likely to remove any saved setting or preferences you've set up for websites in the past.
Each browser is a little different, but usually these settings are under the "options" or "preferences" menu.
The links below provide information about cookie settings for the browsers supported by HappyPiranha.com:
Google Analytics Opt-out
If you access HappyPiranha.com through mobile apps, there are some other settings that you can use to control interest-based advertising:
- On an iOS or Android device select the 'limit ad tracking' option in the privacy section of the settings.
- On Android-based devices select the 'advertising preferences' option in the Google settings.
These settings will not prevent you from seeing advertisements, but will limit the use of device advertising identifiers that are used personalise ads based on your interests.
Our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Showing you which pages you have recently visited
- Allowing you to add comments and reviews to our site
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey).
Our cookies help us to
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
We are not responsible for keeping any third party links in this document up to date. All links used are current at the time of this document's last updating.