Quarto is simple in concept yet complex in strategy if you want it to be and looks delightfully pretty on the table too.
Essentially 4 in a row with a twist - you'll be selecting the pieces your opponents can pick while they'll be selecting yours. Place four pieces with a similar attribute in a row and you'll win!
Like this product?
Check out more of our board games and accessories.
How to play?
- Quarto is played on a 4×4 board with 16 pieces.
- Each piece has four dichotomous attributes — color, height, shape, and consistency — so each piece is either black or white, tall or short, square or round, and hollow or solid.
- The object is to place the fourth piece in a row in which all four pieces have at least one attribute in common.
- The twist is that your opponent gets to choose the piece you place on the board each turn.
- 1 x Quarto board game
- 20 minute play time
- Age 8 +
- 2 players
- Dimensions: 5.6 x 28 x 28 cm.