Ticket to Ride
Ticket to ride is a modern classic, often held up as the archetypal gateway board game - one that's great for getting new players into the scene.
With the benefit of being able to be learnt in a few minutes and the action to keep players both new and old entertained, there's a reason why it's sold by the millions: It's the perfect starting point for someone looking to ditch their monopoly set and enter into the wonderful world of alternative board games, it's just a great game too, including for families.
Who knew anything based around trains could be so good???
How to play?
In Ticket to Ride players strive to complete the train journeys across North America that are depicted on their ticket cards, gaining points as they do. The player with the most completed journeys at the end of the game wins!
- At the start of the game the players will choose how many out of a number of destination tickets they want to try and complete.
- Players take it in turns to take one of two actions; take train cards and add them to their hand, or lay down carriages and claim rail routes on the map.
- To lay down a carriage you will need to discard the card(s) of the same colour from your hand.
- The more carriages you lay down at once, the more points you earn.
- The more difficult the route you complete on your destination ticket, the more points it is worth.
- Additional points are awarded to the player with the longest uninterrupted train route.
- The game ends and points are totalled when one player has placed down all of their carriages.
Do you risk it and try to complete more destination tickets and collect more cards, or try to get more carriages down on the map quick before someone else steals your route? You'll have to balance the two!
Ticket to Ride contains a beautifully illustrated, oversize board featuring a map of North America, 225 custom-moulded train cars, 144 illustrated cards, and wooden scoring markers and is playable between 2 and up to 5 people.
Like this product?
Check out more of our board games and accessories.
- 1 x Ticket to Ride board game
- 30 - 60 minute play time
- Age 8 +
- 2 - 5 players