878: Vikings - Invasions of England
The year is 878. Viking armies stand poised to run havoc across England where they will settle and farm the land they conquer. England is divided and unprepared. The Vikings are coming!
Will you be the Vikings, seeking fortune, glory and fertile land, or will you be the English nobles trying to defend the country from the incoming onslaught?
878: Viking - Invasions of England is a game of battles and strategy, where two sides compete to turn the tides of history for their people.
How to play?
- Players either control the invading Vikings or the defending English nobles.
- Viking players can either play as Viking Freeman or Berserkers while the English side can play as the Housecarl or Thegns.
- Players on each side must work together to combine their strategies and control cities on the map.
- Each turn the Vikings will invade from the sea, while England will work to raise reinforcements from the cities they control.
- The game ends when the treaty of Wedmore is called. Whoever controls the most cities wins!
Watch it played
- 1 x 878: Vikings - Invasions of England Board Game
- 60 - 120 minute play time
- Age 12 +
- 2 - 4 players