What's Happening in 2019 | Happy Piranha Update
So it’s a new year and a lot of things have happened at Happy Piranha, including the opening of our brick and mortar store in Truro, Cornwall. Now that Christmas time is over and we’re getting back to normality, here’s an update on some things that have happened, and what we’re planning for the future.
1. The Brick and Mortar Store
We’d like to thank all the people that came and visited the store once it opened and made Christmas a memorable one. If you don’t know where it is, you can find us at 18 Pydar Street, Truro, Cornwall.
It was a great time to see what worked and didn’t and we’re going to continue developing the interior and items we stock as things go along.
In the future you can expect more new stock (check our social media for when we get in new items) and some new displays too. We’d love (for example) to get some more gaming and D&D related loot in the store, we also want to increase the range of items we produce ourselves. If you have ideas of things you’d like to see, let us know!
We’re also in the process of getting a new hanging sign for the shop front. You can have a peak at the design on our Instagram. We’ll definitely post some pictures of it when it has been made!
2. The Online Store
Now that we have the physical shop in Truro, we want to try and make sure that our friends and customers who are a bit further away have access to as much of it as possible too!
- We’ve been working to update our postage costs so that we can offer tracked and signed postage options (you can pick at the checkout). We’ve also added a ‘collect from store’ option for local customers.
- We’ve split the online store into UK and International sections, so that we can offer as many items as possible to as many customers as possible, while keeping postage as reasonable as possible.
- We’re in the process of uploading as many items as we can from the physical store to the online store.
If there’s something you’ve seen in the physical store that is not on the online store, feel free to get in touch and we can see what we can do for you!
3. New Designs and Products
Now that Christmas is over we can also get to work on making new stuff. We’re looking forward to coming up with new candle designs, as well as new products entirely.
- We’ve already made some Love Ball coasters ready for Valentine’s Day.
- We also have a candle design competition running until January 31 – if your idea is used in one of our next two candle designs, you could be the first to receive it!
We’re very keen this year to work with more people to make new things. If you think we could work together to make something cool, or have something you think we could make products for (eg a subscription box), get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
4. Sharing More with our Online Followers
Just because some of you are too far away to visit the online store, doesn’t mean we don’t want you to experience it too.
We’ll try our best to start sharing what’s going on in the brick and mortar store on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, including any changes we make and any new loot we get in.
As always, our doors will be open for if ever you do get a chance to visit the lovely land of Cornwall too!
5. Thanks for Making 2018 a Good One!
Finally, we’d like to thank again all our friends, customers, customer-friends and friendly customers for making last year a good one.
We’re looking forward to the challenges and opportunities 2019 may bring and hope that you are too!
Josh & Sam